Project Engineer- Steam Turbine & Accessories, Elbląg
|Telefon kontaktowy||48 588 811 119|
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver
electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital
power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our dataleveraging
software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more
affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Project Engineer- Steam Turbine & Accessories will provide overall steam turbine technical project management CM&U (Conversions, Modifications & Upgrades) orders which meet GE design and experience in support of services activities while achieving leadership in reliability and customer service.
You will be responsible for performing technical proposals in the Conversions, Modifications & Upgrades (CM&U) business, working upfront with our customers and project execution team. You will be responsible for the cost, quality and delivery of the turbine equipment (joint responsibility with Project Manager), For technical support of the erection and commissioning activities by taking ownership of the technical problems until Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC).
This responsibility starts with project hand-over from sales and ends with Final Acceptance Certificate after.
• Participate in the hand-over meeting from the Sales to the Project team,
• Participate in the contract analysis with the PM,
• Support for PM in defining and clarifying open items / deviations,
• Ensure the creation of the planning schedule for the engineering activity,
• Participate in an internal and external Kick off meeting,
• Organize and lead the participation of the extended team members as necessary to support the work of the core team,
• Manage the engineering action plan in order to mitigate risks,
• Manage the Design Review activity for the project,
• Lead technical aspects of technical reviews with Customer,
• Control of the engineering planning schedule,
• Submit drawings, documents and data to Customer as required,
• Monitor and reports project metrics to PM as required, including
Forecast and spent engineering hours and costs, Engineering progress against the project baseline plan, On time delivery (OTD), Support PM in reporting CoPQ events and takes ownership of any CoPQ events
that result directly from Engineering activity on the project,
• Ensure that the turbine design is optimized for best cost/benefit to the business,
• Manage the NCR activity for the project, reporting of NCR issues to PM,
• Ensure that all the necessary engineering documentation (including Quality documentation and Erection and Commissioning documentation) are in line with the contract requirements,
• Provide support for erection and commissioning in case of technical questions and technical issues.
• Mechanical Engineering degree (or equivalent in knowledge/experience),
• Engineering experience on Steam/Gas Turbine or compressor technology or similar,
• Good English skills,
• Strategic and clear thinking to translate discrete and complex ideas to business driven results,
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions,
• Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work in matrix environment,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks,
• Ability to influence and gain commitment at various levels of the organization,
• Ability to work under pressure,
• Ability to work / coordinate multi-disciplinary engineering efforts.
• Steam Turbine Engineering Equipment technology experience is an advantage,
• Solid Knowledge of steam turbine product lines and turbine systems,
• Knowledgeable of Power Systems, Power Plants, Controls, Gas Turbine,
• Steam Turbine and Generator equipment and terminology.